Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have feeling something is in right chest. Began after I started smoking. Advice?

sir, earlier it was casual but now it s kind of a problem . i feel like something is always there in my right chest on the corner side towards my heart .. what it can be?? this all started after i started smoking , i am 22 yrs old male and started to smoke last year but i quit that totally after about two month . but one another incident happened after which i think i really started feeling this problem i had manchurian that night and just after a few minutes of having them , it was vomiting all over the place after this for next few days i had a discomfort in my food pipe when i was eating and normally too. I was a sportsperson before but now i am hardly playing so that might also be the reason . please don t tell me that it could be a cancer because i am totally fit guy right now. MY EMAIL ID IS YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello Mr Gaur,

Feeling something sticking inside, after a bout of vomiting suggests that, a small piece of food item could have gone into the right side of the lung. Vomiting could have made minor injury to your food pipe, which could have been the cause of your discomfort there.

You need a physician or preferably a pulmonologist to examine you. He will prescribe appropriate tests, which may include CT scan thorax or a bronchoscopy, if necessary. He can guide you how to remove the foreign body, if found within your lungs.

Cancers of the wind pipe and lungs are not common in your age group. However, take this as a reason and please stop smoking forthwith.

Hope you regain your sports-man spirit and good health soon.
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor