Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Have fatty cyst. What is the pus oozing? Why fever?

I have a fatty cyst that I have had for several years that a Dr. Told me it was anything worrisome. Last night it began seeping a clearish liquid through a pore. It had begun to hurt earlier in the day. When I pressed on it I was able to get a pus-like burst similar to a pimple from it. I am now running a slight fever . Do I need to do anything other than call my GP tomorrow.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello. it is likely that the cyst has become infected. please meet your doctor, he will remove the pus and give you antibiotics to reduce the infection. thanks
Answered: Sat, 28 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor