Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Have family history of ovarian cancer. Have bloating, cramps, spotting, pain during intercourse. Is this normal?

I have been having some major symptoms and need to know what to get the doctors to test for I am very nervous right now ecause I have a family history of ovarian cancer and the symptoms are leaning that direction.. Should I e worried or is this a normal occurrence My symptoms since period stoped Bloating(that lasts days) Pain(like cramps but ongoing) Pain when pressure on abdomen No period for 3 months( may 4) Spotting on may 30- June 1 Lack of appetiteĀ  Uncomfortable bowel movements Pain during and after intercourse Urge to always pee Fatigue Nauseous (more like morning sickness ) 5 neg HP tests resent august 1st These are all My symptoms
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2014
Hello and welcome,

I understand your query and concern.

Your symptoms are multiple but they are not indicative of ovarian cancer as such. These symptoms are caused due to multiple conditions. Hormonal disturbances and perimenopause commonly produce such symptoms as well as problems with digestion and infections. Ovarian tumors may also lead to similar complaints.
The pain due to intercourse may be due to infections, adhesions of the internal organ to one another or a condition called endometriosis where the menstrual blood is shed inside the abdomen.

So please do not worry. Get a gynec exmaination done by a skilled gynecologist along with an ultrasonography of the abdomen and pelvis to help detect any abnormality.

Meanwhile eat a simple easy to digest healthy diet of cooked vegtables, soups and cooked rice or oats so as to aid digestion.

Please do not worry. The symptoms are not specific for ovarian cancer.

Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Answered: Sat, 12 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor