Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have eye infection, had sex with partner with chlamydia. Do I have chlamydia infection?

i recently found out someone i slept with has chlamydia , i did a chlamydia test a week ago and i m still waiting for my results. i m worried because i ve got an eye infection that wont go away, this could be to do with chlamydia? if i do have it, i would of had it for 2 months now! also i ve been to the doctors about my eyes and i ve been given eye drops, will they help?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2016

Yes, you can get chlamydia infection in your eye from infected partner. It is one type of STD and responsible for genital & eye disease. Check your test result for confirmation.

Use eye drop and take proper antibiotic (doxycycline and azithromycin) to eliminate the infection. If trachoma is diagnosed, then SAFE strategy is required after consultation with ophthalmologist.

Hope, it helps. Practice safe sex in future. Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 28 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor