Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have extreme blushing. Face turns to extreme red and chest gets splotchy. How can I prevent this?

Hi Doctor. My names Madeline and I'm really confused about some reaction that's happening with my face/chin. Every time I get embarrassed, nervous, anxious, excited, or sometimes just out of the blue, my face gets EXTREMELY red (more than a simple blush) and my chest gets very splotchy. I know that my red hair and pale skin attribute to this, but is there anything I can do to reverse/prevent it? Thanks a lot.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Anxiety can manifest with not only psychological symptoms but with a lot of physical symptoms and physiological changes. The symptoms which you have described appear to be a result of the physiological changes due to anxiety. In some people, these changes can be more pronounced and distressing.

I would suggest that you try relaxation techniques like deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, yoga, meditation, etc. which will help you control your anxiety and tone down your emotional upheavals, and thereby help you avoid the physical symptoms.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor