Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have extensive hair fall. Used to have thick hair. Treatment?

Hello.I m a 30 yr old housewife living in Muscat Oman.I have extensive hair loss .I have a year old first I thought my pregnancy and childbirth were to b blamed for my hair loss but now that my son is over a year I still find myself facing hair loss I need some thing that is easily available here.I used to have thick hair but not anymore... Kindly help me..thanx.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanx for query.
I can understand your hair loss for a girl is really problematic.
U live in muscat and I think u always are covered from top to bottom with burkas.
If this is the case u might be having severe vit d 3 deficiency.secondly your son is just a year old that means ur calcium levels might also be low.
Well u plz consult a doctor.
Get calcium and vit. D 3 levels done.also vit b12 and biotin levels need to be done.
At times if there is hormonal imbalance it might also lead to hair loss.
So first reach root of the problem and then treat yourself.
U will be benefitted.
Byeee good luck.
Answered: Thu, 13 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor