Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have excessive fat around abdominal region, stretch marks, excessive hair growth, irregular periods. What should I do?

Hello, This is Paromita. I am 24 and single. My weight is 70. I have some following symptoms which i am not sure if its PCOS or PCOD? Are they both different? To mention the symptoms i have: 1. Excessive fat around the abdominal region. 2. Strech marks in the arms, abdominal region. 3. Excessive hair growth in the lower abdomen , chest, face. 4. Irregular periods. 5. Pigmentions/ a black mark around the neck region. My family Gyeno had suggested not to take much estrogen content med as it will result in putting up of more weight. I get tired very fast too. What should i do? My appetite is also not that good. I have tried several methods but i am unable to lose weight. How should i get rid of it ? Will i be able to conceive in the future?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Your problem seems to be PCOS plus obesity. If you have sincerely tried to reduce weight by diet & exercise (which should be at least 30min. sweat inducing exercise daily), bariatric surgery might help you. It can be done laparoscopically. You can ask your doctor for details. But before going for surgery give one sincere attempt for weight reduction.
Regarding conception there are many modern treatments available. So no need to worry for it right now.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Paromita,
First of all PCOS or PCOD indicate towards the same set of disorder, term PCOD is obsolete now and it is called as PCOS. As far as your case is concerned relevant information substantiating the diagnose of PCOS is lacking, if it is diagnosed by your Gaynaecologist then fine. There is some hormonal disbalance in your case and an Hormonal Assay needs to be done along with Ultrasound whole abdomen. Have you done your thyroid profile, if not then it is the first thing to be done.
Homoeopathy has a better treatment for you, try to find a qualified Homoeo Physician around you and start the treatment, improvement will be gradual. As far as conception is concerned again the reports are to be analysed, only then things could be clear. Generally such disorders either have some hereditary influence or may have some stress effects. May be you developed all these complaints in last some years and prior to that you might not be having these problems. So a detailed case taking is required. in the mean time do the following:

1. Have small meals 4-5 times a day ( no fried, fats... go for fruits, corn flakes, veggies, salads, simple meal etc.)
2. Decrease the sugar intake and say no to refined sugars like chocolates, canned food, bakery items etc.)
3. Have lemon juice in luke warm water 1-2 times a day ( donot take in case you have body aches)
4. Go for brisk walks 20-25 minutes twice daily religiously, complemented with stretching exercises.
5. You can join some health club also but there exercise only under an instructor.
6. Do not go for any radical treatments for excessive hair growth or pigmentation.

Feel free to ask any queries you have, wish you a healthy life..

Dr.Rajinder Singh

Answered: Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor