Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Have duplex in left kidney, three kidney infections before. How to prevent these infections?

My Daughter has duplex on her left kidney, the consultant has told us that the left kidney is working to a point. The consultant has told me that she should not have any trouble from this and if she drinks plenty and empties her bladder completely she should be fine. However she has had 3 kidney infections in the last 3 months and ended up in Hospital for four days with one of them, what can be done to prevent these infections going forward? concerned mum
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
If creatinine is normal, IVP test will exclude obstruction.
Once excluded, things that would help are
1. Low dose antibiotics for 3 to 6 months.
2. Emptying the bladder at bed time.
3. Plenty of oral fluid intake.
Best regards

Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor