Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have drops of blood in urine. Had oral sex but got periods as normal after that. What can it be?

ok so my boyfriend and I fooled around on April 6. He never went inside of me like his penis never touched my vagina. Umm he may have had precum on his hand but peed right before we fooled around and he fingered me. then on April 10-15 i got my full blown normal period. Nothing abnormal about it. it started about three days early but i have never been known to be normal. Then on the 18th i wiped in the morning after i peed and notice one or two small drops of bright red blood. Didnt happen again till the next day and hasnt happened since. And were both really nervous
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

I have gone through your query and the possibilities here are a few. The most likely one is an infection of the urinary tract, which would have been caused by the introduction of a foreign object (your partners fingers) into your vagina. This could be the most likely cause.

It would also help to know what your respective ages are, and whether you both have had partners(sexual) previously and your current status on sexually transmitted diseases.

As a urinary tract infection (UTI) is most likely, I shall go ahead and list the most common symptoms of a UTI for your reference:
-Burning sensation while urinating
-Frequent urination
-Increased urge to urinate, but less amount of urine passed
-Lower abdominal and/or flank region pain
-Itching around the genitals
-Blood in urine or immediately after (not always seen)

As mentioned above, the blood could be a symptom of the suspected UTI. Please also note that not all the above symptoms need to be present to clinically suspect a UTI.

The next step would be to visit your doctor and get your urine examined. This examination will provide a confirmation on the infection (if present), which will then accordingly be treated with antibiotics, pain management medication (if required) and a urine alkalizer (if your urine is acidic).

If the urine examination reports no infection, then a screening for all sexually transmitted infections might be required. But I am sure this is just a simple UTI.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor