Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have dizziness and is sick after eating. X-ray shows Nodules in lungs. Smokes. Life span?

my mum has been loseing weight for the last year, and is now not eating very much because she feels ill all the time and is experinceing dizzy spells and feels and is sick after eating my mum had an xray done, and they phoned up for me to take my mum for an urgent ct scan because they found noduales on her lungs and she has been coughing a lot she is a smoker andis 79 years old if she does have it how long will she survive
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM
Nodules found on lung on CT scan of an elderl with history of smoking for long may be a warning sign. there is possibility of Carcinoma lung or Bronchogenic carcinoma. So I advise you to get her biopsy done to know the exact pathology of cancer, survival depends on natrue of cancer.depending upon type, age it may be 6 months to years.
If no metastasis has occurred and proper treatment is taken it is high.
So kindly visit a good info surgeon and take opinion
Hope I cleared your doubt
Take care
Answered: Thu, 28 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor