Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have distal ureter stone, calcification. Flank pain. Blood in urine, groin pain. Is it serious?

I was told I have a small distal ureter stone and several calcification that are low in pelvis and persumed pheboliths.I was having left plank pain and the doctor sent me for ct stone study. No stones found in kidneys but i have gallstones. Last 3 urine test showed blood in urine . I have no pain when urinating but I do have pelvic pressure and burning around belly button. Lately some dull pain near the groin area. Dr. sending me to urologist. My question is it serious or just something I need to live with. My blood work came out in all normal ranges also.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  195
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello,l Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, it is not a normal condition that you have to live with.

Here urgent intervention is necessary.

You have to consult with urologist for removal of the stone.

If you neglect it, then many disease can be caused by this like profuse anemia, pain in abdomen, and many more.

So, do not waste time. Consult with urologist immediately.

Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response

Thank you for the query.
Generally kidney stones are harmless if are small enough to move down through ureter. It can be serious if it will obstruct urine flow so the kidney urine pressure increases. If it last long enough can lead to kidney destruction and degeneration.
The other danger which kidney stones bring is urinary tract infection. Urologist consult is a very good idea, as some stones might need medical attention to get rid of them.
In a meantime you should drink plenty of mineral water (like 2-3 l/24 hours). Hot baths and muscle relaxing medicines should ease the pain.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor