Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Have discharge, pain during intercourse, told infection, previously hospitalized, treated for ovarian cyst. Womb scrub?

Hey Doctor I was admitted in hospital in 2009 and the doctors said I have a right ovary cyst but they didn't operate it, they gave me medication to treat it and then I went for follow up after three months. Since then I have been going to the doctor almost every month complaining about having pains whiles having sex and the doctor says that it is an infection. Can I make a womb scrub or not? Because I'm having discharge problems and abnormal pains whiles having sex
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for using health care magic.

Dyspareunia or painful intercourse and leucorrhea or vaginal discharges are symptoms of a genital tract infection and most often a chronic pelvic inflammatory disease(pid).

PID is largely caused by sexually transmissible infections but not withstanding could be caused by blood contamination.

You should meet your doctor for an ultrasound o the pelvis that will visualise the pouch of Douglass for possible fluid collection in case of PID or cystic masses and for a vaginal smear for tests such as microscopy and gram staining, etc.
Another possible cause of painful sex is endometritis but the presence of discharges is more in favor of an infection.

Hope this helps
Dr Achuo
Answered: Sun, 23 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor