Have diarrhea, intense discomfort and pain in stomach, bloating, mucus in stool, nauseated, reflux. Help?

Hi There, I am a 38 year old female who has never suffered with any form of digestion or bowel issues in the past. A few months ago I had a severe stomach bug which caused intense pain and discomfort accompanied by diarrhea throughout the whole day which lasted around 6 weeks. I did not consult a doctor during this time and allowed it to run its course. Since then, I have been plagued by terrible wind, bloating and discomfort as well as occasional mucus in my stools which alternate between very loose and constipation. I have no pain as such however do have occasional stomach cramps on emptying my bowels and also have a feeling of nausea throughout the day with an almost daily headache. Since this time, I also get reflux on occasions with undigested food coming back up in to my throat and mouth. I have a very healthy diet and also excercise 5 times per week. I am 5ft 2 and weigh 7 stone 12 although on some days, I can get so bloated that I can look pregnant. I also take probiotics daily. Can you offer any advice other than consult a doctor? Many thanks in advance. Denise
Wed, 24 Jul 2013