Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Have diabetes, BP, kidney problems. Prescribed Amlogard, Ecosprin. What can we do?

My father is 66 yr.old and he is diabetic patient since 25 yr., BP since 12 yr. and kidney problem is last 3-4 month and his blood urea is 146, serum creatinine is 5.6, now his prescription is AMLOGARD, MOXOVAS, MINIPRESS XL, DYTOR 10, ECOSPRIN , ISTAVEL, I UP and salt restricted diet, after all this his health is down and down day by day. What can we do?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  126
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there,
Thank you for writing to us.
I am sorry to learn that about your father.
Your father definitely has type II diabetes that has been complicated by kidney failure.
Once kidney failure kicks in and the creatinine goes above 5 like you mention then it is quite frequently a progressively downhill course.
At the present moment the best thing to do for him would be to get in contact with a kidney specialist (nephrologist). The reason why I say that is because his creatinine and urea are very high and I would like that the nephrologist should assess him for the possibility of dialysis at present on for the future because he will almost surely end up on dialysis.
I think that it is his deteriorating kidney function that is causing him to feel the way that he is feeling.
He needs to get these toxins like urea, creatinine and other toxins that accumulate in the body as a result of failing kidney, out of his body and the only reliable way to do that is through dialysis.
Kindest Regards
Answered: Mon, 24 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Diabetologist Dr. Madhuri Patil's  Response
Aug 2012
Dear Mr Onkarsingh Rathore,

It is sad that your father has developed end stage kidney disease. The medications which are prescribed to him are perfectly fine and there are no better medications to control his BP in such situation. Right now, if you are consulting a Nephrologist, please make sure to follow his/ her advice fully. He must have been advised to undergo Dialysis as the creatinine is too high and making toxic body products to remain in the body- worsening the body condition. Hence Dialysis is one thing you can do and the other option is if you have any relative in close family relation(brother or sister or wife) with healthy kidneys, he/she can donate one kidney to him. So kidney transplant is another option you can go for.
I hope you got your answer. Please get back for any further query. Take care.
Answered: Sun, 23 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor