Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have delay in periods. Had protected sex earlier. What can be cause for this delay?

i'm 15 and i lost my virginity about 2 weeks ago to my boyfriend of 8 months. i was late for my period before i had lost it, but i still don't have it. we used protection the 3 times that we did it, and my boyfriend always pulls out and checks to make sure the condom is still on, and there are no tears or rips. please help me i am worrying myself sick. :(
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  9
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
If you have had regular 28-30 day cycles earlier, you should get tested for pregnancy through a blood test preferably as this gives a better conclusion. Condom has an average failure rate of around 15%. If pregnancy can be excluded, it could be a hormonal imbalance that is usually seen at this age, provided local causes are excluded by a specialist. You may need hormonal supplementation. Please use a regular contraceptive that suits you for better protection. Hope your query is answered. Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 18 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor