Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Have degenerative disc disease, painful, tense leg. Should I go to the ER?

I have Degenerative disc disease at the age of 25. Pain I ve dealt with for twelve years now. But this episode has lasted five weeks now and instead of the pain subsiding to where I can function. My leg and foot are so tense and at times cold The pain is beyond unbearable to where I cant even get out of bed. Should I go to the ER or just let this pass?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
There is no need to rush to ER at present. But you must visit a orthopaedic surgeon and get MRi of spine. It will give us complete information that how much nerve compression is present in back. If pain is very severe, you can take medrol injection.
Answered: Fri, 21 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor