Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have dark spots on penis. Diagnosed pigmentation. Hyper pigmentation, correction?

I seem to have developed two dark spots on the skin of the shaft of penis. I consulted my general practitioner for an STD test and he diagnosed the dark spots as a pigmentation of the skin. My first question is, is this condition the same thing as hyper pigmentation? I was also wondering what methods I can take to correct this issue. Lastly, how can I confirm the diagnosis of this condition as he is not a dermatologist but did not refer me to one.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concern. Sometime vigorous sex or masturbation will make your penile skin darker than usual due to bruising underneath your skin. It will take some time to heal till you get back your original skin color. I believe that you do not need an STD test if this is the only issue. Please consult a dermatologist if you feel like this is something that is not getting better or getting worse and you are not comfortable with it although there is no issue with functioning.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Thu, 13 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor