Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have dark red patch like a bruise under tongue. What is it?

I have a dark red patch, it looks like a fresh bruise under my tongue , on the floor of my mouth and runs us the tongue itself for about an inch, it feels a bit tender and as though I had a large wad of gum under my tongue. My thyroid medication has just been raised, I can t contact my doctor right now, I live in Central america in the jungle.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  570
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hello thanks for consulting at hcm.. it might be haematoma becz u might have had microtrauma of chewing gum,,either way wait till 3-5 days, if it doesnt subside plz consult ur nearest local dentist...hope it helps...
Answered: Wed, 26 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor