Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have dark circles. Blame smoking? Why dizziness? Why do I cough up blood?

I have been smoking cigarettes for 13 years im 22 years old, when I was 16 I noticed a lump on my left side of my neck bone almost on my lymph node, I didnt worry because there was no pain, but now ive been out if work for 2 months now with constant head aches heart races light headed and dizziness im tired all the time I have no appitiete except for mostly sweets im pale and have dark circles under and around my eyes, I have had a constant cough for about 2-3 years now with white green yellow brown and black just depends on how much I smoke , ive also coughed up blood a couple of times mixed in my phlgem, I feel like the lump has gotten bigger so I went to an ear throat and eye doctor who said the lump was a lymph node infection gave me antibiotics for 2 weeks and the lump never went down or away its still there and hurts pretty bad especially when you press it, it feels like its in my tissue deep and about the size of a quarter, ive been to a cardiovascular doctor and apparently my heart is fine but I dont feel fine at all
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
1- Any swelling, which has been there for so long MUST be biopsied. Empirical treatment entails unnecessary and avoidable risk. See a surgeon - as soon as possible.
2- A cough of 3 years? - again it points the need to go for tests. The possibilities of Chronic Bronchitis. Asthma, Bronchiectasis - the list is long, some of them dangerous. A Pulmonologist - not cardiologist - is the one to approach - you may need X-ray (may be a CT scan of the chest), blood counts and sputum examination. Green colour of spit generally means infection.
3- the 'smoking disease' is to be addressed seriously. There are support groups and special clinics
In general, I feel, you are neglecting your health for long. You need a thorough assessment and assistance, at the earliest, from a multi-speciality hospital
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor