Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Have dandruff, boils on head. Take selenium sulphide ad coal tar shampoo?

Doc, I want to know my condition about my skin that i m suffering from past 14 years. I m Arun, from India and i m 29 years old. I m having dandruff which of course much severe than those shown on commercials. Previously it used to come after severe bouts of boils over my head. now boils have stopped but dandruff continues. it started when i was 15 years old and first appeared over my eyelids. now the scalp has totally covered with this menace. i have show this to many doctors but they have only suggested me with selenium sulphide ad coal tar shampoos. After the shampoos are exhausted the condition returns with a vengeance. please enlighten me with some suggestions.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi.dandruff and boils on the scalp is called seborrhic is due to dry is a fungal occurs mainly in the hairy areas like scalp.face.chest and other hairy areas.
First oiliness appears on the scalp .then there will be sores then follows the dandruff also called seborrhic capitis
It can be treated with atarax 25 mg at the night.antibiotic flucanozole 150 mg weekly once for 4-6 weeks.use of sebowash shampoo weekly twice and application of candid -b gel daily twice can cure it
Answered: Thu, 5 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor