Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Have damaged and blocked tubes. Suggested removal of tubes and IVF to get pregnant

Hi I am 25 yrs of age I have an 8 ye old daughter and I ve been trying to get pregnant for the last 6 yrs .I finally went to my gyn and had an hag done he found my right tube completely blocked after injecting die numerous of times. After he did a laporoscrophy and was able to save both tubes . I moved to GA and had the procedure done again by a reproductive specialist and she said both tubes are badly damaged and blocked and she suggest removal of tubes and ivf
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.

I understand your query. It seems that the first time a tubal recanalisation surgery was attempted but the tubes remained blocked and remained blocked despite a second recanalisation procedure. Hence an IVF was suggested. Pregnancy will not occur if the tubes are blocked. They need to be opened if possible or an IVF will be needed.
A third procedure for opening the tubes will most likely fail as this is delicate surgery and once adhesions are formed, chances of a successful recanalisation are very low.
So it is better to opt for IVF if pregnancy is desired.
Hope this helped.

Thanks for using HCM.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology
Answered: Fri, 28 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor