Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Have cystocele and rectocele. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Hi. I m 39 years old. Eleven months ago I had my first child. It was a difficult delivery with forcepts and a large episiotomy . Just now I am discovering what I am quite sure is cystocele and retocele. I can feel it with my hand and see it with a mirror. Also the retocele part seems to have a little bump on it which bothers me further. Is this anything to be concerned about? I was really hoping to pregnant again soon and in fact I may even be pregnant now but won t know for sure for a few days. Will a pregnancy cause complications for this condtion? Can I have a vaginal delivery? Are there effective non surgical methods for dealing with this condition?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  141
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.You should have a gynecological examination to rule out the condition and finding out the degree and extent of it.Sometimes it can be misinterpreted with enlarged bartholin or skene glands. If your pelvic organ prolapse is mild then kegels exercise and pessaries might help you.Surgery will be last option for it.Considering your next vaginal delivery you should take advise of an expert gynecologist after evaluating by doing speculum examination.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.
Answered: Thu, 12 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor