Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have cylindrical power. Want to get LASIK done

Hello Doctor(s), I am 27 years old and i am working in Marine coatings in drydockings for large ships/vessels. My job need a perfect vision as i am inspection engineer. I am having cylindrical power on both the eyes with -1 (right) and -2(left). I would like to do LASIK treatment to get rid of my glasses since i am not comfortable with my work. My power is constant for more than 3-4 years as i constatly wearing my glasses. I just want to know whether i can go for LASIK treatment for my power and whether it will work fine or not. during my vacation i am planning to do this. if not then i will drop my plans. thanks
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

I guess you can undergo Lasik for your cylinderical power in both eyes. Since the power has remained constant in the last 3-4 years, you should expect to have a good result. However you will be evaluated thoroughly prior to undergoing the procedure.


Answered: Sun, 17 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor