Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Have cut ligaments and tendons in foot. Prescribed neurotin. Chronic pain in foot and knee. Suggest

I was born with a right club foot in 1961- Thank God for Shriners Crippled hospital in Lexington KY. My foot was corrected however, at the age of 13- I stepped on a broken bottle in a creek that cut the ligaments and tendons in my foot. I was able to walk, run and so forth. from 1985 -1992 I had 6 subsequent surgeries on the same foot from joint removal in my big toe, pins put in between 3rd & 4th metarsala year later a Podiatrist a year later broke my baby toe to correct my walking. I am now 51 and all of the surgeries have caused chronic pain and bone spurs. I am forced to file for disablity at the young age of 51. I have developed neuropathy in my right foot and chronic pain in my right knee. Some days I have difficulty walking due to the pain in my foot. My physician prescribed neurotin in 2011. I weigh 120 pounds and I'm considering filing for disability. I can't mentally function as a paralegal anymore due to my chronic pain in my foot and knee. I shouldn't have rambled on but I feel a large lump behind my right knee which Im thinking could be a blood clot. pain shoot down my calf. I have 2 wear shoes all the time because my foot radiates pins ands needles. I hope you can give me some answers
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You have not stated your personal habits, family history or co-morbidities
If you are thinking of blood clot at or around calf, you should see a Physician immediately - Thrombosis should be excluded on a priority basis - because of the danger of Pulmonary Embolism...

Review by Orthopaedician is necessary for the original condition and its consequences...

In most countries, disability benefits may be difficult to come by - because of it being birth defect...
Rules vary and you need to find out

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The chronic pain that you are having can be related to osteoporosis, post surgical arthritis, vitamin D 3 deficiency and many other causes. You need to have an MRI scan of the affected area for proper diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor