Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Have cracked, swollen, painful finger tips, itchy hands. Started after colon surgery. Any idea?

For the past 6 months I have had cracked, swollen, peeling very painful finger tips both hands and the palms of my hands itch so very bad at times. Have been to 2 different dermatologist and nothing except several prescriptions that dont help much . This started right after I had colon surgery. Do you have any idea as to what might help
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  156
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
You are suffering from Fingertip eczema which is a type of allergic reaction to many articles like detergents,chemicals,vegetables (garlic,onion,ginger,esp),you should wear diposable gloves before handling above articles and apply Synalar cream half hour before handling should check your Serum IgE level from any reputable lab and let me know its report.
Answered: Sun, 24 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor