Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Have contracted STD, want to know tests to detect the same

My husband just cheated on me. Could he have contracted STD s like herpes or warts even though he wore a condom, and if so, is there a test to find out immediately after or would he have to wait to have symptoms?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi tests for herpes like hsv 2 igG and igM antibodies can give confirmation within one week.for warts it is only by clinical examination not be any test.we can rule out hiv by rna-pcr as hpv can sometimes associated with hiv
Answered: Mon, 2 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor