Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Have continuous bleeding after intercourse. What should be done?

Hi, I've had a friend call me with the following problem and they don't know what to do or how bad it is.
During sex they have heard a popping noise a few seconds later as he has pulled out he has seen blood. By the time he has gone to the ensuit he has had a hand full of blood that was comming from the tip (no cuts) aprox 1.5hrs later there is now small amounts of blood still coming out. It's 2am here in Australia and he doesn't want to go to the hospital emergency room if he can just wait till tomorrow and see the doctor. Also my friend is worried about having blood inside her aswell. And what sort of tests she needs.

Would live your help.

Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your friend has sustained injury to his urethra during sexual encounter.

Since this has happened during intercourse possibility of fracture penis can not be ruled out.

He has to consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and has to undergo tests like Ultrasound scanning of the penis and colour Doppler study of the penis to rule out fracture of the penis.
The future course of action will depend upon the findings of these tests.

Answered: Sun, 14 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor