Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Have consistently high heart rate, troubles breathing, EKG normal. What should i do?

I have a consistetly high heart rate. at about 110-120. I have some troubles breathing, but no other symptoms that I am aware of. The breathing troubles come and go but it seems as if everytime my pulse is taken it is high. I have asked a doctor and they always just think I am nervous about being there. I have had an EKG and it was normal, and have been to the ER for shortness of breath problems with no final result other than a nebulizer given to me. I am getting concerned and not sure what I should do.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear Sir
thanks for writing to us.
i would be more concerned about your troubled breathing rather than your high heart rate. Whenever we have a high pulse rate we look for the causes. there are numerous causes, some of them relevant to you are anxiety, troubled breathing, drugs which are used in nebulizer, excessive use of tea/coffee. Since you have been advised nebulizer it seems you have bronchospasm (transient reversible narrowing of airways), which when active can lead to increased heart rate itself.
i would like you to see your pulmonologist (chest and lung physician) and get your troubled breathing worked up. i hope your problem will be sorted out.
sukhvinder singh
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor