Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have connective tissue disorder. Feels dizzy, pain in jaw, ear pain, headache. Should go for neurologist advice?

hi i am a forty two year old women who is under the hospital with a connective tissue disorder for the past fortnight i had pain and tightness in my jaw which has effected my eating, ear pain and headaches also severe dizziness and sore burning tongue . MY doctor has referred me to a neurologist but i am struggling to cope with the pain and discomfort on a daily basis
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,

Thanks for your query.

You have not mentioned the name of the connective tissue disorder.

However, from the brief information provided, the causes can be :-

* Pain due to irritation of a cranial nerve which supplies pain sensory fibers to scalp, ears, face, jaws. Condition is called Trigeminal neuralgia: Problems will come under control with an anti-epileptic drug.

* Herpes simplex infection of Trigeminal nerve- for which a regular course of anti-viral drug will relieve the problem

* Temporo-mandibular joint disorder (the joint of jaw bone and skull, just in front of the ear lobes) : a course of anti-inflammatory pain-killers will help.

Consult your doctor, who will reach to the exact cause and prescribe specific treatment.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Answered: Thu, 24 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor