Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Have common cold, breathing trouble. Twitches of the eyelids. Due to stress and anxiety?

I am 24 y/o female with no known illnessness besides the common cold . For about 6 months now, I have had trouble breathing . It feels as if the upper portion of my lungs wont expand. Breathing through my nose , I feel as if I cant get a deep enough breath so I resort to taking very deep breaths out of my mouth once in a while. I also have been getting extremely flushed in the face. It feels like my face is on fire but the rest of my body temp is regular. My eye lid twitches on occassion as well so I thought I could have a mild form of anixety or alot of stress . Is this anything serious or should I just try to relax?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~ Relaxation may help with anxiety and stress. There are different forms of relaxation and assuming you are well aware of those and have been using those strategies to overcome your anxiety problems, and they are not helping, I would suggest that you consult a doctor. A pulmonologist would be the person to go to, to have your breathing problems addressed. The twitches though seem to be a tic disorder, exacerbated with anxiety. Hope this helps. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor