Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have cold, ear pain and runny nose. Pain in the head after being hit. Need to see a doctor?

i hit my head tuesday and it s still sore a little bit but there is no bruise present. after i hit it, it stang and hurt for a while on and off, even though there was no open wound. my ears have been hurting and my head has been too on and off but i have a cold so i m not 100% sure that they have been caused by the accident. a few hours after i had a runny nose and didn t think anything of it, but now that i ve thought about it, it wasn t like snot at all, more runny and it just dripped out my nose not like when i have a runny nose or not. is there any need to go see a doctor or is it fine to just leave it?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear aimeedstone
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma. On the basis of information provided it appears that your symptoms can be because of leakage of cerebrospinal fluid from Nose ( Fluid covering brain). There is a history of trauma and there is a change in the pattern of discharge after trauma. Iwould suggest you to consult a ENT surgeon as you will be requiring endoscopic examination, CT scan and CT cisternography for diagnosis. I will further suggest you to collect watery discharge from nose in a clean bottle and show it to your doctor. Biochemical analysis of this fluid also helps in making a diagnosis of CSF rhinorrhoea
If you need more info about it feel free to contact me
with regards
Ravinder Sharma
Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor