Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Have chocolate cyst and minimal intravasion in fallopian tube. Prescribed Novelan. Will surgery cure infertility?

Hi iam Aishwariya (age : 24) from Chennai, iam to trying to have a baby for the past 2.5 years..i was diagnoised with Choclate cyst in my ovaries and a minimal intravasion in my left fallopian tube ...i was prescribed to take novelan tablet for 1 month and my doctor said she will go for Laproscope after this medication..My tablets are over worried that whether this surgery will cure my infertility ... Iam trying to have a healthy baby normally without any IVF ... Please suggest me...
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) If there is endometriosis ( chocolate cyst) , it has to be removed by laparoscopy.

2) This surgery may not cure you from infertility. it will help you to assess tubal patemcy as well as remove endometriosis.

3) Go ahead with laparoscopy and later get regular follicular growth scans done to know when to have intercourse.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.


Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor