Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have chicken piece caught in throat. Have vomited. Should I see a doctor?

Was eating chicken around 6 hours ago and a piece became caught in my throat - around clavicles. Breath fine, heart rate and BP fine, but cannot swallow anything and I m drooling. Able to sleep on side or stomach. Have vomited handful of times - all phlegm . Do I need to seek immediate medical attention or can I see if it dissolves on its own? BTW - has happened several times before but has always self removed quickly.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for your question
there is a foreign body (chicken piece) lmpaction in throat, mostly at cricopharynx or pyriform fossa
Donot try to vomit or manipulate it, its hazardous
consult to ENT specialist as early as possible
You don't have to worry as its in digestive tract not in trachea
But it needs to remove as early as possible
Answered: Thu, 18 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor