Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have chest pain, sweaty, taking ibuprofen, treated for pneumonia. Done CXR, blood work, had elevated WBC, given ATBs

28 year old white male, been having chest pains, SOB, episodes of sweats for the last couple weeks, have been to family doctor and treated for pneumonia after an exposure to anhydrous ammonia. They have done CXRs and blood work, checking heart function and the only thing they have told me that is abnormal is an elevated WBC. They have treated with ATBs. I have been to the chiropractor twice in this last couple of weeks to be adjusted thinking maybe the chest pain was from a displaced rib. I have been taking ibuprofen, using mineral ice routinely to be comfortable. Getting tired of feeling this way, and getting anxious about what is causing this. Please advise
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Get your WBC count rechecked .If you have responded to antibiotics your blood counts would have become normal
If all your reports related to heart and lungs are ok Get your thyroid profile done it may be related to thyroid problem .Your problem may be due to panic attack due to any type of stress. You should consult any Psychiatrist for your above mentioned problems
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor