Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have chest pain during swallowing of food. Muscle pull? Serious? Should I consult doctor?

My 14 year old son has chest pains only on right side from middle of chest to armpit. He says the pain is severe when swallowing any food or drinks. He is not over weight and is very healthy. He states the pain is not in his throat like you would get with acid reflux. It's more in his chest muscle. I don't know if it's just from a pulled muscle and with time it will get better or should I be taking this more serious and take him to the E.R
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for your query

i can feel your concerns

it seems to be a muscular pain

i advise to take rest

donot lift weight

cold massage is also helpful

you can also apply some local painkiller like diclofenac sodium on site

take some oral painkiller and musclerelaxant as well

usually it settle with time

however if pain continues then i advise you to consult your doctor for proper examination

he may need few investigations like x-ray after consulting your doctor

wishing him a speedy recovery

Hope i have ansewered your query
i am available for your help
Answered: Tue, 16 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor