Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Have chest pain, cracked rib. Had an accident. What could be cause of the pain?

I was in a car accident 6 months ago and the air bag deployed and hit me in my chest. 4 months in I ask for a scan to see why I was having bad pain? It was discovered I had a top right cracked rib. Now, here we are in the 6th month and I'm still in pain about a 6 on the pain scale. They tell me it takes 8 weeks to heal yet, I'm beyond that an still in pain!!! Why??? Please help!!!
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The persistent pain in the rib cage even after 6 months of injury is likely to be due to an inflammation in the area. An injury rarely takes so long to heal unless there is a pathology in the area.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor