Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Have chest pain and numbness in hands. EKG test done. No medication till now. What to do?

I have been having cheat pain for the past couple months and been to the hospital 3 times where they e done an ekg and said my heart looks normal. They prescribed be meds that i didn't take because i felt as though they didn't do a thorough test to find out what was wrong with me. The chest pain is mainly in the left side under my breast and sometimes i feel the same pain on the right side of my breast but as if it's in my right breasts. My hands sometimes feel numb and my feet also looks a little swollen. I went to a cardiologist a week ago where they did they echocardiogram and the doc said it look like i have a mild prolapse (leaky valve). Tonight, everything i lay down i get a burning sensation in my chest/back that happens really quick then atop. Iam sitting up afraid to laid down. Scared of what might really be wrong wit me. Iam a 27 year old African American female. I really need answers
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sounds like reflux. This essentially is heartburn. You could try taking an over the counter anti acid medication such as prilosec or protonix....if this does not help you should see your GP.
Answered: Tue, 18 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor