Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Have cerebral atrophy. What medicine and diet to give?

Hi! good morning Dr. Keerthi. My husband was diagnosed with cerebral atrophy on his left side. He was experiencing so much headaches before he was diagnosed. My family especially the ones that have cancer is undergoing ayurvedic treatment. I know that my husband s case is different from my family s case but will you please advise me on what to do with his atrophy and what medicine should i give him? and what kind of food should i give him. Does he have to undergo a diet?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for your query.
Cerebral atrophy refers to mild shrinkage of brain, which normally happens as one grows older. The treatment comprises of administering drugs which improve the blood suppy to the brain. Piracetam is one such medication. Even atrial of hyperbaric oxygen therapy may also help significantly.
You may take vitamin B12 supplements-methycobal 500 mcg once daily.
You can also have physiotherapy sessions, speech therapy, regular exercises and daily walking.
You will gradually recover over time, usually in a few months to one year time.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Take care
Answered: Tue, 31 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor