Have bursitis of the hip. Taking cortisone injections. Should I take x-ray and ultrasound?

I have been bothered with bursitis of the hip for several years. Cortisone injections have usually brought relieft, but they did not this last time. I can't climb stairs or really do much of anything. I'm waiting until time for my next injection. The doctor did not use anything to help him detect the exact spot of the bursa, but I understand there are ways of pinpointing the bursa more accurately. Is it an xray, an ultra sound, or what? Do you suggest that? Does the fact that this last injection didn't work mean that it wasn't placed in the most correct spot? Thank you. I would also like to know when the point is reached where removalof the bursa is warranted.
Fri, 21 Jun 2013