Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have burning in vaginal area. Feels better after urination. Could it be yeast infection?

I have been diagnosed with IC for about 7 years. Recently, I have had increasing burning in my vaginal area. It gets worse with the urgency to urinate. I had a cysto yesterday and had a few hours of relief. There are some glomerations on the posterior wall of my bladder . My uro wants to do a hydrodistention, but I m wondering if I could have a yeast infection . I have no other signs of a yeast infection. The pain gets a little better after I urinate. it hurts to move, when I walk, when I sit, a horrible burning pain in my genital area.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Consider that given you have been diagnosed with IC, your urologist might not be taking into consideration issues in the vaginal area. Yes, you might have something like a yeast infection, but it does not exactly fit with the exacerbating symptoms of movement, walking, and sitting - and improvement after you urinate. These symptoms also do not necessarily fit with an IC flare. I would consider a second opinion with an OB/GYN before going through with hydrodistension. Also consider antihistamine medications for treatment of the possible IC flare.

I hope that this helps and good luck!
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor