Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have burn like area on hip. Increased on applying lotion. Advice?

I have an irritation located on my right waistline area above my hip bone , about the size of the palm of my hand . There s no rash or bumps, when I press on the area there is no pain. But it feels like horrible rug burn when I run my fingers gently over it and when I applied lotion it created a greater burning sensation. So I m not sure if it could be period related (I m a 23 year old female), or if its an internal problem caused by an inflamed organ or if it is in fact just skin related eventhogh there is no signs. This worrys me, but without insurance or any real pain I feel as though it might be too tedious to get checked out. So it s greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query,

the waist line is prone to irritation due to constant rub with clothes.

It might be an allergy due to cloth or dye.

Internal organ problems cannot present with just burning of skin.

Please meet a dermatologist for final diagnosis and treatment

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Thu, 11 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor