Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have bumps inside upper eyelids. Sometimes itchy . What are they and how it will heal?

Hi, I have had bumps inside the edge of my upper eyelids since 2006! There are two in one eye and one in the other. They are not big that one cannot notice them unless they get very close to them. They are not painful and there is no redness or something inside or around my eyes. However, sometimes if not most of the times, these bumps get very itchy. Thinking that they would heal on their own, I have seen any eye doctor before. Please, could you tell me what these bumps are for? Thank you so much. I m a female aged 20 yrs.
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

They are most likely what we call chalazion. There are multiple oil glands in your eyelids. When the opening of any one of them gets blocked, the secretions of the same tend to accumulate. This gives rise to the swelling that is the chalazion. They are non invective, non painful swellings.

U have three choices
1. ignore them. if small, chalazia do not cause any problem
2. small steroid injection in the chalazia helps them resolve.
3. surgical removal - this is a minor surgery and does not leave absolutely any scar

u can use sos lubricating drops for the itching part

hope this clears ur doubts

Answered: Fri, 1 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor