Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have bulimia with excessive hair on body. When will my breasts grow?

I m currently 17 yrs old female, I was attracted to your site in a means of seeking information on bulimia recovery. I didn t realise I was bulimic until 2 years after ( I didn t even know what bulimia was). When I was 12-13( had just started my cycle) I was bulimic for about 6 months and lost my period for about a yea after. I had lost all breast fat and no one knew that I was bulimic, I was justrebe confronted about the rapid weight lost ( my highest recorded weight being 160lbs and lowest being 113lbs, I was 5ft 3 inches) which I just said it was due to exercising and the topic was dropped. I also lost a lot of muscle mass and resulted in lose skin. Additionally my teeth rot and I ve about 10 fill-ins now and am in the process or transforming my yellow stained teeth to white. I got my period back eventually however in 3- 5 months time span, the longest it has not come for is 7 months now but am currently 4 months from my last cycle. Now it has been almost 5 years since and my breasts has not grown back ( my weight frustrates). when would they grow??. I ve recently started a fitness program and I have seen the muscle grow, which am pleased about. But I also am suffering from excessive hair grow on my body including my chin . ( I researched and it said it was a side effect from bulimia, would it/ can it go away?). I also realise am suffering from throat ulcers and research said eating healthy can reverse it cause it may be due to hormonal imbalance and vitamins deficiency. ( I ve started taking vitamins regularly).
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

Bullimia and anorexia one of the most difficult condition for patient and treating doctor. In severe cases it lead to stoppage of menstrual cycle, decrease immunity and hormonal imbalance. It need regular attention and follow up with doctor.

Following steps will help you:
-Seek specialist help like psychiatrist and visit them regularly.
-Monitor weight and target 2-3 kg wt gain every month.
-Continue with vitamins supplement.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor