Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Have bruise in mole. What should be done?

I am a 37 year old woman who I believe is in good health. I have always for as long as i can remember had a mole on my arm that is about 3mm wide and has a little freckle to the side of it. In the last few days my arm has been itchy around the mole and ive deloped a bruise which goes around my mole. Just wondered if you think this is just a case of me knocking myself- not that i can remember doing this but ive always bruised easily and the bruise happens to be where the mole is. Many thanks Amanda
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  203
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello. Thanks for using this forum. Any changes in the shape and size of the mole, with any changes in color of the mole should be taken seriously. Most of the people mistake such changes for a bruise. You should consult as soon as you can with your doctor who can take a close look at this and check whether this its really a bruise or any further investigations are required. Usually the doctor can order for a skin biopsy which means small part of the skin will be removed to be sent for laboratory investigation. Advise is to consult your doctor. If you have further questions feel free to ask. Regards.
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor