Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have bredycardis and irbbb. What does it mean?

I have Crohns disease had since 12 but diagnosed when ruptured in 1988. Became diabetic as s result of steroids and family history. Had 10 bowel ops and 12 ft small bowel removed. In 2011 Sept 27 had massive mi. Found out had 5 previous mi's
Had triple bypass Oct 4 2011. Am having surgery for Csrpel tunnel syndrome snd neuropathy. Found out I have em bredycardis snd irbbb what does it mean??
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
A right bundle branch block (RBBB) is a defect in the heart's electrical conduction system.
During a right bundle branch block, the right ventricle is not directly activated by impulses travelling through the right bundle branch. The left ventricle however, is still normally activated by the left bundle branch. These impulses are then able to travel through the myocardium of the left ventricle to the right ventricle and depolarise the right ventricle this way
A heart abnormality that's present at birth (congenital) — such as atrial septal defect, a hole in the wall separating the upper chambers of the heart
A heart attack (myocardial infarction)
A viral or bacterial infection of the heart muscle (myocarditis)
High blood pressure (hypertension)
Scar tissue that develops after heart surgery
A blood clot in the lungs (pulmonary embolism)
Since you had multiple heart attacks . so that means your right artery of heart had severe obstruction as you have slow heart rate as well
if slow heart rate is not causing any problem you need no extra treatment but it does than you need to see a cardiologist
take care
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

This could mean a conduction defect in the nerve - degeneration or secondary to ischemia / strain on right heart (like Pulmonary Embolism or hypertension)
You have to see a Cardiologist and have further investigations...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor