Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Have borderline Hepatitis C. How can it be converted to negative?

I have a freind who is a borderline Hep C case. What can be done to convert him from borderline to negative. The doctor has told him that he should not be worried because it is a borderline case. The doc says that he is a carrier and that there is no medication for it. Can someone comment on the case. Is this something new ? what have people who were borderline cases done whihc this friend of mine can do ?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
thanks for writing in.
You should undergo tests for all viral markers namely for B and C as well as get tested for viral load by PCR testing. Your liver status needs to be assessed anatomically as well as functionally. Depending upon the results you can undergo a course of pegylated interferons for Hep C. Good results have been reported with this therapy.
I hope this answers your querry.
With regards
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor