Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have body jerking, tingling, neck pain, tremor. Suggestions?

Hi, I am a 36 year old mother who is having frequent (full body) jerking throughout the night, tingling feeling from head to toe while resting (also increasing in frequency), chronic pain in neck and on the left side of my head/face. I had an episode for several days where I felt as if I had a constant internal tremor and then had to be admitted to the hospital because of these body jerks in which I had to be totally sedated in order to get it to stop. My 16 year old daughter was admitted a year prior to the hospital for something similar (body jerks, full body muscle spasm ). We keep getting sent back and forth between doctors without getting any help. Do you have any suggestions as to what we should ask our physicians in order to get some type of answers?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  235
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for writing in.
These jerks could be myoclonic jerks. A few myoclonic jerks are normal in a person, and they typically occur while we are falling asleep or getting up in the morning. However, in your case, they are definitely abnormal. We need to rule out myoclonic epilepsy. EEG test could help in that. Also, please et an evaluation done by a neurologist.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Health City, Hyderabad
Answered: Sat, 18 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor