Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have blood pooled behind eardrum. Was punched in face. No fractures. Hearing diminished. Healing time?

I got punched in the face and knocked out severely. I have blood pooled behind the eardrum . CT Scan shows no fractures . My hearing ability is diminished almost 50% in the affected ear. Low frequency hearing is particularly affected. The asymmetry in left-right hearing ability is very disorienting and makes it seems like the part of my head around the affected ear is asleep / not alert. How long does it take for the blood behind the ear drum to clear?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
If left alone it can take up to a month to settle. However I do not suggest you leave this as it can cause permanent hearing problems, it is best to see an ENT surgeon right away to consider draining this blood and to monitor the progress of the hearing.
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor