Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Have blocked fallopian tube. Trying to conceive. Had thyroid surgery. Treatment?

sir , Good morning , i am jayasutha , i am native in thanjavur , my e-mail ID- YYYY@YYYY i am married two years, age 32 years . 2001 tyroid surgery, currently treatment, i not concieve , so, follipian tub e right blocked, left side 50% blocked . next week laproscopy surgery. any concieve change , please sir , reply thankingy you yours faithfully., A.Jasutha manickam.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello jayasutha,
Thanks for writing to HCM
As you said, the findings must be of HSG, which shows rt tubal blockage and left 50%block.
There is chance that the block on HSG might be due to spasm of tubes or due to mucus plug.
Or the tubes must be really blocked due to infection, adhesions.
These things will be cleared by laparoscopy. And any correctable cause will be treated.
If after the laparoscopy, the report says, tubes are permanently blocked on both sides, then the only hope for conception is IVF that is test tube baby.
Hope this information is helpful to you.
Dr. Mrs. Sumeet Baheti
Answered: Tue, 5 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gustav Gous's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
I suggest you go aheadt with the microsurgery to open up the Fallopian tubes. After this it is important to have intercourse on day 13- 15 of your cycle counting from the first day of menstruation. During those three days of your cycle remain lying down for half an hour after intercourse , Before getting up. This will improve your chances of falling pregnant. I hope that you are pregnant soon. I trust you find this helpful.
Answered: Tue, 5 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor