Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Have bleeding after intercourse. Been 3 weeks. Is it normal?

Hi Doc, i would like to ask if it s normal that my wife bleeds after first sexual intercourse. I ve read the Hymen broke at first time intercourse. But my concern is that, she is bleeding for almost 3 weeks now from the date of intercourse. Is it normal? She bleeds not that many. Just few drops, it bothers me so much. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for your query.

Hymen rupture may cause bleeding.
But it is very unlikely for a period of 3 weeks.
Local tissue or vascular injury or having any bleeding disorder should be considered.
Proper vaginal examination is needed to exclude any injury.
If it is absent then some coagulation profile should be checked.

Consult a gynecologist.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor